Review/Report: Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04

Recently I have updated my notebook Ubuntu Gutsy Gibon 7.10 setup to Hardy Heron 8.04. Everything was updated without any problems and is working well:

  • VMware
  • KDE 3.5.9 (now with fast&usable translucency effects)
  • KDE 4
  • Wireless networking (iwl4965)
  • ...and every application I have used before

My impression after two days of working with the new release: Simply great Ubuntu Release even if it is still in alpha state! Also if KDE 4.0.1 is working I am still using KDE 3.5.9 because some major functionality in KDE 4.0.1 is still not available -- e.g. suspend button, absolutely no taskbar customization options and many other missing features.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuning ext4 for performance with emphasis on SSD usage

NetBeans 6.1: Working with Google´s Android SDK, Groovy and Grails